Thank you for your interest in teaching with Transformation Yoga Project. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you while learning and growing from each other and those we serve. Typically, instructors teach one class a week, but may teach up to three a week as demand exists.
This application will help us to match your interests with our needs. Applications are reviewed monthly.
To apply you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and insured
- Have completed a 200 hour CYT training
- Have completed a trauma-sensitive training program or be willing to take one.
What happens after my application is reviewed?
If your application and experience align with TYP's current needs, you will be asked to:
- Submit copies of your RYT 200 hour certification, insurance information, and resume.
- An interview with a staff member will be scheduled.
- We will coordinate your observation of 4 classes, and then you will be shadowed as you instruct a class. This allows you to see firsthand what we do, how we do it, and how we want you to do it. You will have the opportunity to take notes, talk to the instructor after class, and keep your program director included in your feelings and thoughts about what we do.
After that, a determination will be made whether to hire you for one of our classes.
What happens if I'm hired?
- You will provide us with some additional documentation (W-9 for payment processes, signed contract, liability waiver, instructor profile).
- You will receive a TYP Instructor Handbook, TYP t-shirt to wear during class instruction, and receive other information about current classes.
- Once a facility has been selected for you to teach, additional steps may be required. Each facility has different clearance requirements (including, but not limited to, obtaining clearances and attending an orientation). We will help you with this, but you will be responsible for making sure everything is completed.
- Begin leading your own classes!
Who do I contact with questions?
Our team is happy to answer any questions or address any concerns that you may have.