WE SUCCEED with support from COMMUNITY-MINDED INDIVIDUALS
WHO CONTRIBUTE IN A VARIETY OF WAYS.
You do not need to be a yoga teacher to become involved with Transformation Yoga Project and our mission.
You only need the passion to make a difference.
Transformation Yoga Project activities are funded through contributions from individuals and organizations. Donate now. Or purchase SUPPLIES TYP needs to run classes such as a mat, block, bolster or strap.
Raise awareness by becoming an Ambassador. Contact us at info@TransformationYogaProject.org to find out more.
- Like, share, favorite or retweet at least two TYP posts per week from Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Help pass out flyers about community programs in your neighborhood.
- Submit occasional photos taken during your experiences at partner studios or TYP events.
- Submit your yoga wisdom and/or blog posts for TYP to share on social media.
become an instructor.
Do you have the passion to teach one of our classes for recovery, criminal justice, veterans or in the community? Are you a 200 hour CYT, insured, over 18 and have or are willing to take trauma-sensitive training. If so, APPLY HERE to find out more about the application process and to submit your application for consideration. .
TYP can reach more people suffering from trauma when you join us to help raise money. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way to support TYP every time you shop. Just login with your existing Amazon account, and select Transformation Yoga Project to receive donations when you make eligible purchases.
- Host a fundraiser! You pick the location (your house, your home studio, a local restaurant, a beautiful part). Invite friends, neighbors, fellow yogis, co-workers...have a party, maybe do some trauma-sensitive yoga and take donations for TYP.
- Ask a local restaurant to donate a portion of an evening's proceeds to TYP...then get everyone to come out for a fun time!
- Use Evite.com to plan your event. Guests can donate directly through the Evite when you choose Transformation Yoga Project under "Donation Options". Even if they can't attend, the still get the chance to contribute...and you don't need to collect money!
- Write emails or handwritten letters sharing your own story or that of a loved one, and send to people you know asking for support.
- Hold a garage sale, car wash, community yard sale, lemonade stand or bake sale. Make a sign letting people know a portion of the sales will be donated to TYP.
- Ask your home yoga studio to host a donation class. Set up a donation jar and put flyers at the front desk.
- Shop to support. Ask your favorite store to designate a day/week that they will donate a percentage of proceeds to TYP...invite all your friends!
- Organize a Dress Down Day at work. Ask if they will allow $5 donations for permission to dress down on that day.
- Corporate Match! Many companies have employee matching programs for non-profits. For every dollar you raise, your company may donate the same amount. Ask your HR officer.
- Coordinate a Yoga Supply Drive. Work with your yoga studio, local mat retail store, and friends to donate new or used mats, block, blankets and other yoga props for TYP to use in class.
- Are you crafty? Make and sell malas, soap, candles, art...whatever inspires you! We'll share your mission in support of TYP through our social media and at events.
For support with fundraising, contact Lynn Rosenstock, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send check to TYP within 30 days of any event. Please note, donations can only be tax-deductible if TYP receives checks and cash with the donor's name and address; phone and email are helpful too. If you send one check, only the addressee will be credited.
Let us know how you would like to support TYP.
Tell us about yourself, your interests and your talents. We'll follow up to learn more about what energizes you as a volunteer.
Friends & Sponsors