Are you interested in sharing yoga with those impacted by trauma and/or addiction?
Are you working in these fields already and interested in how mindfulness based trauma sensitive yoga can support people in recovery?
Transformation Yoga Project is offering an in depth training on October 13th and 14th, 2018 for yoga teachers, social workers, counselors, and interested yogis
Colleen DeVirgiliis, Mike Huggins and Nicole Breen will share their experience working within recovery centers, inpatient and outpatient treatment centers, behavioral health settings and other recovery spaces.
Sessions will include interactive lecture, discussion, experiential exercises and practice instruction.
- What is yoga service
- Developing self and cultural awareness within yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma and how does this affect working with the body and mind
- Understanding Addiction and its treatment
- How yoga and mindfulness practices support 12 step and other recovery plans
- Pillars and key elements of trauma sensitivity
- How to create a class that is trauma sensitive
- Race, privilege and inclusion
Saturday, October 13 12:00-6:30 pm
Sunday, October 14 12:00-6:30pm
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 12 Hours