Thank you for your interest in teaching with Transformation Yoga Project. We value your interest and dedication to service.
While you may still complete an application, currently, our instructional staff is at capacity. We actively staff upon the receipt of new contracts or when additional positions open at existing locations. Your application will be reviewed when positions arise that meet your interest area, availability, and location. You will then be contacted for an interview by one of our program directors. We appreciate your understanding.
To apply you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and insured.
- Have completed a 200 hour certified yoga teacher training.
- Have completed a trauma-sensitive training program or be willing to take one.
- Print and Sign our Release and Consent agreement. You will be required to upload the signed Release and Consent before your application can be submitted.
What happens after my application is reviewed?
If your application and experience align with TYP's current needs, you will:
- be contacted by a staff member for an interview;
- observe up to 4 TYP classes taught by experienced TYP instructors; and
- have a chance to be shadowed as you instruct a TYP class.
This process is designed to allow you to see firsthand what we do, how we do it, and how we want you to do it. You will have the opportunity to take notes, talk to staff and instructors, and share your feelings and thoughts about what we do.
What happens if I'm hired?
- We will contact you to provide us with some additional documentation (W-9, signed contract).
- You will receive a TYP Instructor Handbook, TYP t-shirt to wear during class instruction, and information about current classes.
- Once you are paired with a class, additional steps may be required depending on the facility's requirements (e.g., background clearances, orientation sessions). We will help you with this, but you will be responsible for making sure everything is completed.
- Begin leading your own classes! Typically, instructors teach 1-2 classes a week. As our organization grows and demand increases, instructors with availability may instruct up to 6-8 classes a week.
Who do I contact with questions?
Our team is happy to answer any questions or address any concerns that you may have.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you while learning and growing from each other and those we serve.